Friday, July 20, 2012

Domino Pads - Menstrual Pads Review


Lately I've been watching YouTube videos of cloth pad reviews, and I've come across a lot of different companies that sell these reusables. One company caught my eye because they had posted videos of their products specifically--outlining the differences of what they offer versus competitor products. I was impressed by the Domino Pads extra efforts in doing this, I have to say.

I jumped on the bandwagon when a couple of YouTube videos noted that they did enjoy Domino Pads as well. I ordered one in their plus size version for a medium flow. I picked out the cute huckleberry minky fabric and anxious awaited it's arrival.

The price was a little steep at first because it was the most expensive pad I have purchased thus far. I figured if it worked and didn't leak then I'd consider it a good one-time investment. Additionally, and what helped ease my mind even more, I had seen rave reviews about minky fabric not staining from the blood like other fabrics (cotton, flannel, etc.).

When I got my pretty pad I was impressed at the color of the minky. It was also extremely soft and the backing was windpro fleece--making me even more comfortable that this one wasn't going to leak on me. I checked the stitching and made sure that it wasn't fashioned like Little Bee Creations'--where the stitching had gone all the way through from the top layer throughout the bottom.

When I had my next cycle, I happily attached the Domino Pad to my period panties. It felt like a little warm hug, and I instantly fell in love. I really, really love Domino Pads!

The pad didn't leak at all and formed to my body the best out of all of the brands I've purchased so far. When I washed the pad, I did so just like my other ones and there was no indication of staining. It was nearly the perfect pad.

So, now I plan on making another purchase from Domino Pads at some point because of how great they are made. I was thinking of how they could improve and I really can't come up with anything. It's, so far, my favorite brand of all.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that Domino pads are one of the most comfortable reusables, but I'm a strong fan of minky so that's how they get me. They can be a little on the pricey side though if you're looking for something relatively cheap. I think they're worth it though. Most of my stash is Domino pads. It really is kind of like a warm hug when you wear them and I like that a lot when I'm feeling crabby. I just don't like that they don't want you to fold them up to carry them with you. I don't want a big pad across my purse all the time! :P

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love to hear your opinions, ideas, suggestions, experiences, and thoughts about reusable products. Please share with us!