Friday, July 13, 2012

MiMi's Dreams Menstrual Pad Review

So, while browsing through the world of menstrual goods I ran into this super, duper cute pad. I was lead to Mimi's Dreams on a hunt for another seller of period pad products called Obsidian Star. Somehow one cute pad totally threw me off though and I found myself making a small order of 2 cotton cloth pads from Mimi's Dreams.

To be quite honest, I was more anxious about these pads since the design was so darn adorable and it looked like the merchant had seriously taken some effort to make them so. So, I ordered and I waited.

The pads arrived in a very timely manner as well. I would guess that it took a whopping 3 days for them to make it to my house. Any way it was, by the time I had gotten these I was on my period once again and ready to give mama cloth a try.

I took out the two pads and looked them over. They looked a little different than the Little Bee Creations pads, but I was worried about the needlework that went right through the entire pad. This made me nervous, but I gave it a shot anyway.

These pads were pretty comfortable. I'd say they were just as comfortable as Little Bee Creations, but it did feel like they allowed my body to "breathe" more since they were made of cotton. The absorbancy was much better than Little Bee Creations, too. I also didn't end up leaking through the "seams" and ruining my clothes!

The only thing I really disliked about these pads was the two seams in the center. I am just mainly worried that they are going to allow for leakage one of these times, but I can understand why they are there. The seams totally helped the pad form better to my vagina to collect the fluid directly. So, there's a bad and a good to it. It does just to create extra worry for me though. And, really...I don't want more worry.

I also have to say that the backing of the pad was superb. The best I've received yet. The backing is a fleece that really grabs onto fabric so there's no slipping around at all. It was pleasant to not worry about that.

I'd definitely recommend Mimi's Dreams to those gals out there looking for cutesy pads. Her patterns are absolutely adorable, and I've already been considering ordering more. You can tell that the creator really takes her time in fashioning these, and I really appreciated it. Maybe I'll order more from her, maybe I won't. Time will tell, of course. I have quite a few more sellers to go through in my journey and I don't want to settle down just yet!

1 comment:

  1. i use them too and i love them so i definetly recommend them too

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love to hear your opinions, ideas, suggestions, experiences, and thoughts about reusable products. Please share with us!